Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The beginning of the end.



6 years have past,
2004 hit me like tear-gas
It started behind closed doors
And ended with downpours

Homeboys knew my power
But still you crushed me like a flower
Never enough
Now I know the danger of handcuffs

I didn’t stand a chance
You wanted more than a simple romance
I don’t regret a minute
Although I wish I could erase and edit

A smile can hide a lot of pain
It can endure while u get hurt time and time again
Hoping to be his all
That was my greatest downfall

Tired of being weak
I've decided to be my own critique
No one is perfect
But I can see the negative verdict

Once in a lifetime
Now feels like I been doing some time
Two years of freedom
Ensured me of my kingdom

The king looking more like a joker
Feeling like I been playing poker
Time has played its part
No more playing with my heart.

A new decade has begun
Time to say farewell, **son.

*That Bonita Reign Just Wont Let Up. 2010*

No comments:

Post a Comment